7/19/10

"My Ring's Outside"

I have to admit; Rocky V is awesome. I really, really enjoyed it. A buddy of mine and me sat down and screened all the Rocky flicks, and we were dreading V, which even Sly hates. But it really isn't that bad. Nothing perfect, but I had a good time. Of course, the best part is tommy confronting Rocky right after his championship win, where the crowd in Philly doesn't care and still loves their former hero. It leads to a street fight, which gets kicked off when Tommy punches Paulie. For those keeping count, Paulie has now picked  a fight with THREE world champions (also Rocky and Creed in part III).


I can't find the whole fight in english, but the above clip did have the  best line of the fight  - the second best being the line in the title. I think rocky V is unfairly dismissed, and if Rocky Balboa wasn't ever made I still would have been happy with it as an ending. 

No comments:

Post a Comment