7/7/10

DRAKESTORM!!!!!!!!!

For this deck, the title HAS to be said like that - think of how the commercials yelled 'Bonestorm!!!!' on the Simpsons for Christmas of '95 (I'm so damn old). It came to be since I really thought the cycle of counter-drakes was just a cool idea, and using those three creatures as a shell I went about figuring what else to do with the deck. It was originally going to be a straight control with drake beatdown, but the Cloudstone Curio + Kobold's plan to ramp up a storm caught my attention. I wasn't running any storm decks, and with the drakes to counter any removal or counters on my creatures I made a fun, effective casual deck. It would be better mono-U, but splashing R made it a little lighter on the budget.



x2 Spiketail Drake
x4 Spiketail Drakeling
x4 Spiketail Hatchling
x4 Drift of Phantasms
x4 Crookshank Kobolds
==
x4 Muddle the Mixture
x4 Rune Snag
x2 Think Twice
x2 Cloudstone Curio
x2 Sleep
x4 Grapeshot
==
x4 Tolaria West
x4 Mountain
x16 Island

No comments:

Post a Comment