7/5/10

Flavour in Action: Conflux



GRAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"I'm just going to leave my wallet here on the table as I turn away to tie my shoe."


GRAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


"What the hell man!?"

The above are two of my favourite cards from Conflux, and a conversation my friend Brian and I had concerning how the two cards would interact when meeting. If you didn't know, the cards depicted are Apocalypse Hydra and Gwafa Hazid, Profiteer. The Hydra has magnificent giant monster art, as well as a nice ping ability, and Gwafa simply looks like a dick and has terrific flavour text inspired by the "Million Dollar Man" Ted Dibiase.

Gwafa's ability, which really should have been allowed to target the controller's creatures too (so people would actually play him) allows you to put a bribery counter on a creature; he's paying them off to not attack or block. But...what is he going to give a hydra? What does a hydra want that Gwafa can give him that no one else can, or that it an get itself? Well, maybe the hydra really just wanted a bribery counter all along. Well played Gwafa. 

No comments:

Post a Comment