8/5/10

What the fuck Fievel!?

So I'm watching An American Tale for the first time since I was skirting turning into a teenager, and I'm getting nothing but pissed off. All the cute, rebellious antics Fievel did in the movie that were funny as a kid are making me angry as an adult. The kid has no respect for rules or his own life, charges off to do whatever he wants, and even acts flat out devious to get his way. During a thunderstorm at sea, he wants to see fish so he throws his hat out onto the deck so he can ignore his father and yell "I have to get my hat" as an excuse to go exploring. That wasn't the smartest idea kid.


I know by the end of the movie I'll be happy to see them reunite, because I do like happy ending and this movie, but 20 minutes in I'm glad I don't have an precocious kids of my own.

1 comment: