8/26/10

Supercool Supergirl shirt

Actually found this awesome shirt for sale at Wal-Mart, which is the cover to Action Comics 373.



The issue contains reprints of five Supergirl stories;


Action Comics (1938) #258
Action Comics (1938) #276
Action Comics (1938) #277
Action Comics (1938) #287
Action Comics (1938) #291


I've read the first three, in my treasured DC Archives: Supergirl collection (the much cheaper b&w Showcase Presents: Supergirl should also have them). Silver Age Supergirl was very well done and I've talked about it before, but I was really giddy that AC 258 made it into the reprint, and then onto this shirt; its the oldest comic I own, and the one I paid the most for at over $100.

Here it is:


And next to the shirt:


Wal-Mart has recently had a surprising number of classic comic shirts, including a mens thats features the cover of Detective Comics 33 (which drove me crazy trying to remember why it was important - it's Batman's origin!), but still there's no good Supergirl shirts for someone like me, who's not really built to wear ladies clothes. Husky straight men like Kara Zor-el too, DC! Hell you should know that, you had her re-debut in 2004 naked.

No comments:

Post a Comment