9/5/10

Looney Tunes Back in Action

I've been into Golden Age cartoons a lot lately, watching a lot of Looney Tunes and Tom & Jerry, and reading about the characters and their creation. While reading the history of Porky Pig I found out that WB was picketed  by the National Stuttering Project for the example being set, and that he was in the Back in Action movie complaining about how hard it was for him to be pc (along with sometimes pariah Speedy Gonzales). Well, based on that alone I had to see this flick.


Overall, I was pretty happy with it! Its a funny movie with some great character moments, and its full of Warner history and cameos and call-backs. Like Scooby and Shaggy threatening Matthew Lillard to do a better job playing Shaggy in the next movie.


And Daleks, because Steve Martin lobbied for them! This whole scene is FULL of classic aliens.


The cast is good, with the already mentioned Steve Martin, and small or bit parts by Timothy Dalton, Peter Graves, and Ron Pearlmen. The one to catch my eye was Heather Locklear as a sexy assassin, sexily dancing with truly creepy/awesome live-action Yosemite Sams. 


There's a lot to like here if you're a Looney Tunes fan, and I suggest you check it out. Its got enough slapstick for kids and enough homages and gags that any adult would enjoy it too. And while I didn't talk about him much, this is really Daffy's movie, and he gets more time then any other toon. As a Daffy fan, I really appriciated that!

I know i just posted a picture of  Locklear and used sexy in the sentence twice, but I can't resist posting an image of the REAL sex appeal from this movie:


Th-th-th-thats all folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment