9/30/10

I'm an asshole when it comes to comics


Read this article, from my local paper about the Silver Scorpion's creation by a group of disabled kids: http://www.tampabay.com/incoming/disabled-youths-construct-new-muslim-comic-book-superhero/1124375

Now, why I'm a douche; the Silver Scorpion is about a guy in a wheelchair that instantly reminds me of Prof X's hoverchair (mixed with The Chief's Battle Chair from Doom Patrol 94). And then his power is to control metal, much like X-Men villain Magneto. but hey, maybe the character is different. It's not like Nazi Holocaust  victim Magneto was influenced by war. 

So here's some kids, trying their best to do a good thing for a good reason, and all my cynical comic-fan mind can do is think that this is a huge rip-off and  MY rip-off's of comic characters never made the paper. 

No comments:

Post a Comment